Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pine Grove



    John and I spent the weekend at my Grandpa's cabin in Pine Grove State Park.  We had a great time!  It was the first time John and I opened the cabin for the summer season.  We were a little nervous about getting everything with the water working, but the cabin is up and running.  The only draw back was the large spider in the bathtub!

  Our dog Blake had a ball.  He has only been to Pine Grove one other time and it was two days after he was neutered.  As you can imagine, he was not up for hiking that weekend.  This weekend he kept us moving.  Blake swam most of the day Saturday and this morning we went for a run up Pole Steeple. 

  I have been hiking this trail as long as I can remember.  My grandfather bought our cabin  before I was born so I have many years of memories spent hiking the trails in and around Pine Grove.  Pole Steeple is by far my favorite hike.  However, it is not easy!  Blake sprinted up the mountain with John and I trying our best to keep up.  We both ran 15 miles on Saturday so our legs were tired.  Not Blake, I am not sure he ever really gets tired.  The views from the top are worth the journey up the mountain.



  I am looking forward to this week of training.  I finally get to take it easy and enjoy the benefits of my months of hard work.  Two weeks to go until the marathon! 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! It looks like a beautiful place. I can't believe your marathon is in 2 weeks. Hopefully, you will reach your goal of doing it in under 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a very peaceful place. You are definitely going to reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Anna! I would love to travel and see the simple things in PA more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds nice! You will do great in that marathon!

    ReplyDelete