Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

My last long run!

     Happy Sunday!  I officially have three weeks until the marathon!  I am starting to get nevous about my training.  The marathon is such a difficult event I am starting to question if I have prepared properly.  When I started my training in Janauray, I did a lot of research and made a pretty little plan.  Soon my plan started to resemble "training designed by Anna" rather than the plan desgined by professionals.  Hopefully my years of running and an understanding of what works for my body pays off.   I am confident I know the basic formula of one long run a week, one workout a week, and high mileage. 

    This was my last week of higher mileage before I start to back off and rest my body.  My shin has been tender so it has been a tough balance of pushing through and making sure I do not cross over into the stress fracture range.  Stress fractures are one of the most common overuse running injuries.  I am glad I made it through the week.  I did three 10 milers and a 20 miler for my long run.  John ran the 20 miler with me on Saturday.  I was feeling discouraged because I was feeling tired at the end.  After we got home I calculated my pace and I realized I was running at my marathon pace!  I am feeling more confident I can run a decent time.  I hope my months of hard work pay off.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I bet your going to do great! And I don't blame you, I'd be tired too if I ran 20 miles. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hated shin splints. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Hope you keep posting so we can stay in touch with your progress.

    ReplyDelete